Winston Salem Transit Authority Route Changes
Beginning Monday, January 2, 2017, the Winston Salem Transit Authority (WSTA) will be altering bus routes that serve Wake Forest University. Although public transit service will continue to be provided to the vicinity of the University, the shuttle bus stop and routes will discontinue operating on campus.
WSTA routes are scheduled to operate on the east (University Parkway) and west (Reynolda Rd.) sides of campus. Below is a summary of routes that will operate in close proximity to campus:
- Route 89 will operate on the University Parkway side of campus, with scheduled service every hour.
- Bus service from downtown toward WFU will stop on University Parkway in the northbound lane across from the east entrance of campus. Caution should be used when crossing University Parkway.
- Bus service from WFU southbound toward downtown will be located outside the east entrance to campus.
- Route 88 will operate on the Reynolda Rd. side of campus with service scheduled every hour.
- Bus service from downtown toward WFU will stop on Reynolda Rd in the northbound lane, outside the west entrance to campus.
- Bus service from WFU southbound toward downtown will be located on the southbound lane of Reynolda Rd. by the BB&T University Center.
In order to assist employees who commute by public transit, the Office of Parking and Transportation is researching opportunities to mitigate the impact of these changes, including coordinating our shuttle routes with WSTA pick up and drop off times to facilitate safe transfers to campus. We are committed to minimizing the impact of these changes
More details will be forthcoming once details are finalized.
For more information regarding WSTA and all new routes, visit http://www.wstransit.com/2017routes/.
Parking and Transportation encourages and supports the use of alternative modes of transportation. The options below can get you where you’re going, while saving fuel, the hassle of finding parking and being environmentally friendly.