Parking and Transportation offers shuttle bus rentals to departments sponsoring a university event. Rental requests are made through Deacon Depot. Approvals of such requests are subject to vehicle availability and must be requested 48-hours in advance.
Shuttle bus daily rate:
$25/hr. (Includes fuel)
$150/day (Fee if a bus has to be rented from a rental agency)
Driver hourly rate:
$26/hr. (Each additional hour or partial hour thereafter will be charged based on original applied hourly driver rate).
Waiting time between passenger drop-off and pick-up will be billable, as driver will have to remain available.
Policies & Restrictions
- All bus rentals are subject to vehicle and driver availability.
- One (1) week notice is required to accommodate requests. Requests with less than one (1) week notice may be unsupportable.
- Cancellations made 24 hours prior to start of rental will not be charged.
- If cancelled within 24 hours of start of event, the minimum of 1-hour driver rate and $150 bus rental fee (if applicable) will be charged.
- Buses are restricted to the Winston Salem geographical area.
- Expenses occurred because of damage or excessive litter/debris will be charged to the renting department.
- For the safety of other passengers and the driver, drivers are allowed discretion to remove passengers displaying inappropriate behavior or language.
- Buses will not run if roadways are unsafe for passage because of inclement weather and there will be no charge for cancellation.
- Requesting department is responsible for providing the driver all event routes, schedules, proper documentation for driver/bus access, associated parking fees, and notification to passengers of pick-up/drop-off locations.